15U Rookies Head Coach and Organizational Recruiting Coordinator
- Sean Kammerer begins his first full season in the dual role of head coach of the BY Rookies and Organizational Recruiting Coordinator.
- Currently, Coach Kammerer is in his first year of coaching at Concordia College after a successful coaching career at St. Thomas Aquinas College.
- Sean started his career at Kellenberg Memorial High School in Uniondale, NY where he served as a three year captain, four year starter, and won All-Long Island honors as a catcher his senior year. Sean went on to play one year at Queens College (Div. II) where he started as a freshman then transferred to Sacred Heart University (Div. I) where he started and led the NEC (Northeast Conference) in throw-outs as a sophomore and hit .303 as a junior.
- Upon graduating from SHU with a Bachelor’s of Science in Sports Management, Sean joined the staff of Suffolk County Community College as hitting coach and helped lead the team to a World Series bid for two years in a row down at the Division III Junior College World Series in Tyler, Texas. After SCCC, he signed an international professional contract in Sweden with the Tranas Baseball Club, finishing second in the league in hitting.
- He went on to play winter ball in Brisbane, Australia for the Wests District Bulldogs in the Greater Brisbane Baseball League (A Grade). Upon his return to the U.S., Sean served as assistant coach on the St. Joseph’s College (Patchogue) coaching staff.
- Kammerer founded LINY Baseball Club in March of 2013, serving as the General Manager and the Director of Player Development. He has spent eight years coaching amateur baseball in and around Long Island, helping many Long Island student athletes to reach their goal of playing college baseball.
- His primary responsibilities at Concordia include serving as hitting and catchers coach. Coach Kammerer and wife Jessica reside in North Massapequa, NY.
Sports Information Director/Website Administrator
- BY Yankee parent alum Pam Moss designed the current website in 2011 and served as consultant thru 2012.
- Pam is in charge of of curriculum development and custom reporting solutions for Social Fingerprint LLC, an eLearning company specializing in online training for multinational corporations interested in evaluating their supply chain for labor practice compliance, intellectual property protection and corruption prevention. She ran her own graphic design business for 15 years prior to her current position at SFLLC.
- A native of Pittsburgh, Pa., Pam was a nationally ranked competitive age-group swimmer and currently a competitive Masters swimmer with multiple Top Ten USA rankings. She attended Carnegie-Mellon University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Purchase College. Pam and Craig, her husband of 32 years, were actively involved in coaching, fundraising and communications throughout the amateur athletic careers of their 3 children, Wyatt, Grant and Shannon. Pam designed, administered and created content for high school, travel and premiere baseball, football and soccer websites from 2003-2011.She is currently working with her son Grant on a mobile app for amateur athletes and their families.
- John Penatello is entering his 5th Season in Amatuer Baseball. This will be his first as the Associate Head Coach of the Bayside Yankees Senior Scout Team. John spent the previous 4 seasons as the Head Coach of the Frozen Ropes Rockies College Development teams. During that tenure the Rockies won numerous tournaments including the 2014 New York Liberty Tournament, hosted by the Bayside Yankees. John is directly responsible for placing over 35 players in their current collegiate homes.
- Penatello was also in charge of running and administering the College Bound Program at Frozen Ropes. This program works with high school student-athletes to guide them with their year round training programs as well as work closely with them and collegiate coaches to find the right fit for each individual player.
- Penatello played his collegiate baseball at D1 Iona College (1995-1998) while earning his BA Finance Degree. While with the Gaels, Penatello was a two time All-American, a 4 Times NY State Collegiate All Star, and a 4 time All MAAC Conference player. He finished his college playing days as the All Time career leader at Iona for hits, triples, stolen bases, walks, runs scored, as well as numerous single season records. Many of these records still stand today.
- Penatello is a Bayside Yankee alum and part of the first class of 4 year players. In 1993, he was a member of the NABF 16U National Champions and Junior Olympic Super Series Champions under coach Ron Seltzer. In 1995 he was the Coaches Award winner for Coach Cuseta, as well as a member of the Bayside Yankees All-Decade Team for the 1990’s.
- Penatello attended Bergen Catholic High School in Oradell, New Jersey. There, he was a 3 year varsity starter for the Crusaders and won numerous athletic awards.
- Born John Michael Penatello, October 19, 1976 in Hackensack, New Jersey. He is engaged to Katelyn Miller and resides in Newark Valley, NY with their 2 children, Isabella Sage (6 years old) and John Michael Jr. (9 months old).
BY Rookies Assistant Coach and Associate Sports Information Director
- Evan Weinstein begins his first full season in the dual role of assistant coach of the BY Rookies and Associate Sports Information Director.
- Currently, Coach Weinstein is an Undergraduate Student at SUNY Cortland, where he is studying Exercise Science.
- Evan started his career at West Islip High School in West Islip, NY where he was a 2 year starter on the Varsity level and was part of a Long Island Championship team. He now plays Club baseball at Division 3 powerhouse SUNY Cortland.
- Coach Weinstein has held coaching positions on the Junior College level as well as the travel level. He served as the Assistant Pitching coach at Suffolk County Community College (2012-2014), where they were able to win the region and advance to the World Series one time. For his travel baseball coaching experience, Coach has been an Assistant coach for the LBNY Surf Dawgs and the LI Black Diamonds. On both team Coach weinstein was able to help kids get to the next level. He has helped 2 student athletes get scholarship offers for College (Fordham U, Felician College).