- Born June 3, 1959 in New York, NY. Grew up in Jackson Heights, Queens, NY.
- Newtown HS (class of 1977) HS team mate of former Mets GM Omar Minaya
- Hofstra University (class of January 1981) – BA – Marketing
- Was selected All City (NYC) in 1977
- Hofstra University (1978-1979), under Coach Ken Germaine
- Founder, owner of Landmarc Limousines (a division of Landmarc Enterprises, Inc.), 3/88 – present
- Part time Scout (Chicago White Sox), 1989 – 1991
- Full Time Scout (Milwaukee Brewers), 1991 – 1993
- Founder of Bayside Yankees (Fall of 1981), President/Senior Head Coach (1981 – 2016)
- Head Coach of Nine National Championship Teams
- 18 National Championships for organization
- Currently coached 62 alumni who have reached MLB and over 3000 D1 college players, and over 4000 college players total.
Executive Vice President
Head Coach – Senior Scout Team, Recruiting Liaison
- Bobby Cruz is entering his 19th season in amateur baseball. This will be his third year at the helm for the Bayside Yankees Senior Scout Team, 2018 Blue Chip East Coast 18U Champions. As head coach of the Underclass Prospects for five years, Cruz compiled a 125-79 record, including finalists in the 2017 Baseball Heaven Independence Day tournament and quarter finalists in the 2016 Blue Chip Prospects 18U Wood Bat Tournament. In 2014, the Underclass Prospects began the season with a Sonny Graci Championship and finished with a semi final and quarter final finishes in the Senior Premier World Series and Bluechip Summer Classic respectively. Under Cruz’s leadership in 2012 they captured the 16u NY Liberty Tournament and made the quarter finals of the 17u Premier Baseball Championship. In 2013 they won the Baseball Heaven Independence Day Tournament and advanced to the Final Four at the 16u Premier Baseball Championship. Along with his role as Head Coach, he serves as the Executive Vice President of one of the premier travel baseball organizations in all of the United States.
- Cruz has served as a D1 assistant coach from 2004-2009. Most recently he worked at Hofstra University of the Colonial Athletic Association. He instructed with all phases of the game during his tenure with the Pride. Cruz began coaching collegiate baseball at his Alma Mata, St. Francis College of the Northeast Conference. He served as assistant coach in charge of the outfielders and hitters from 2004-2006. In addition, Cruz has coached at St. Dominic’s H.S., St. Francis Prep, NY Cardinals, NY Nine, and the 2008 Mustangs of the Atlantic Collegiate Baseball League.
- Cruz played his collegiate baseball at St. Francis College in the Northeast Conference. He played four years as an outfielder for the Terriers. During his time at St Francis, he led the team in homeruns in his junior year and was named team captain in his senior year.
- Cruz has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management (2001), a master’s degree in the Science of Education at St. John’s University (2008), and a second master’s degree in Physical Education at Brooklyn College (2013). He taught middle school math for nine years before becoming a physical education teacher the past two years. Currently he is a P.E. teacher at a middle school in Manhattan.
- Born Robert Cruz, May 3, 1979, in New York, New York, Cruz grew up in Bayside, NY. He is married to the former Jo-AnnEyre McNeil. She is a guidance counselor at Great Neck South High School. They had their first child, Robert Jonathan on November 9th, 2012 and their second child Declan Carter Cruz June, 2015.